Barro-Lee Educational Attainment Dataset
Welcome to the Barro-Lee Website!
To download the Barro-Lee Educational Attainment Data from 1950 to 2010, visit the Data download page. Data by 5-year age group and for ‘15 years and over’ and ‘25 years and over’ for cross-country can be easily retrieved through the Data download page
Please cite our data as follows: Barro, Robert and Jong-Wha Lee, 2013, “A New Data Set of Educational Attainment in the World, 1950-2010.” Journal of Development Economics, vol 104, pp.184-198.
This work was supported by the Korea Research Foundation(KRF-2006-342-B00010).
- 2010 07 July Update
- 2010 12 Nov. Update
- 2011 04 Sept. Update: The new version (1.2) of data set now available!
- 2012 02 Oct. Update: The Appendix Notes on data sources available.
- 2013 09 April Update: The new version (1.3) of data set now available!
- 2014 30 June Update: The new version (2.0) of data set now available!
- 2014 30 Aug. Update: Correction of estimates for Finland in 2005 and 2010.
- 2016 4 Feb. Update: Correction of estimates for China.
- 2018 4 June Update: Correction of estimates for 10 countries.
New data sets on long-run enrollment ratios and educational attainment are now available!
- About Dataset
- Barro-Lee Data
- Long-term Data
- Additional Resources
© 2020 by Robert J. Barro and Jong-Wha Lee. All rights reserved.
For the copyrights of all the images used in this site, click here.
Dataset Last Updated: 2018 June
New Long-term Data Sets: 2016 July